Scholarship recipients are part of an Accredited Research Group and attend the association's Graduate School. On average there are three supervisors attending them: a doctoral advisor, the head of the respective Research Group and the Munich Aerospace Administrative Office. The scholarship amount is 1,575 euros per month (tax-free as per Sec. 3 no. 44 German Income Tax Act, EStG) granted for a minimum of 12 months and limited to a maximum of 3 years.
The scholarships are intended for university graduates with a degree in a subject related to aerospace who wish to obtain a doctoral degree at the Technical University of Munich or the University of the German Armed Forces Munich. The following application prerequisites apply:
- A degree in a subject related to aerospace with a final grade of "good" or better;
- fulfilling the prerequisites for admission to a PhD programme at the TUM or the UniBw;
- no more than three years must have elapsed between the date on the university degree certificate and the application for scholarship.
Required application documents:
- Cover letter referring to the chosen subject,
- two recent letters of reference,
- certified copies of relevant academic degree certificates.
Please send your complete application to "stipendium [at] munich-aerospace.de", mentioning the name of the published contact person.
The Munich Aerospace Executive Board is responsible for awarding the scholarship. Detailed prerequisites for the Munich Aerospace scholarship grants are published in its Guidelines on granting scholarships (PDF).