The Munich Aerospace association was founded in 2010 as a research, development, and training centre in the field of aerospace. By combining research, graduate programmes and teaching, Munich Aerospace has succeeded in institutionally interlinking its four members Technical University of Munich (TUM), University of the Bundeswehr Munich (UniBwM), German Aerospace Center (DLR) and Bauhaus Luftfahrt (BHL). In this way, regionally available competences are bundled, synergies are released, and the knowledge of a large number of aerospace institutes and chairs is pooled. As a Bavarian research network, the members of Munich Aerospace pursue the following goals:
- Identification of new joint research goals
- Formulation of research focal points
- Bundling of the diverse scientific and technical expertise
- Development of the Munich science region into an attractive European aerospace training location
Thanks to the targeted coordination of the partners’ research and development work, it is possible to systematically exploit synergies. For this purpose, Munich Aerospace is active in four fields of activity:
- Promotion of interdisciplinary research
- Provision of teaching
- Organisation of the Graduate School
- Provision of a scholarship programme
Munich Aerospace is particularly committed to the dialogue between research, teaching, politics, and industry. The association is funded by the Free State of Bavaria.
Munich Aerospace e.V. – Bavarian research network thanks its supporters:
Do you want to get involved with Munich Aerospace? We give companies access to one of the world’s most innovative aerospace research landscapes. Here you will find further information on funding opportunities.