As a well-established Munich institution with global networking, Munich Aerospace’s aim is to establish the Aerospace Region Munich as a top European location for aerospace.
As a coordinator of the Aerospace Region Munich project launched by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Regional Development and Energy (StMWi), Munich Aerospace is pursuing seven key goals:
- Increasing the global visibility of regional aerospace companies and research institutions.
- Improving knowledge about regional competencies and resources.
- Encouraging new cooperation constellations (science-business, business-business, science-science, cross-cluster).
- Increasing the chances of regional aerospace in winning national and European funding tenders.
- Increasing the attractiveness of the location for top executives, companies, and start-ups.
- Improving the interaction of science, business, and society (“shared value”).
- Intensification of supra-regional relations between regional companies and research institutions.
- Interlinking the European New Space community
Munich Aerospace achieves these goals through five sub-strategies that build on the stable association structures and lead the Munich aerospace region into a successful high-tech future with the support of the Free State of Bavaria and its members. For this purpose, Munich Aerospace will
- develop the innovation region,
- encourage R&I cooperation,
- promote talented people,
- pave the way for technology transfer and
- increase the visibility of the Munich aerospace region at regional and international level.
The 1st Munich New Space Summit 2023 was a first success.