Since 2010, Munich Aerospace has been supporting young scientists and their research projects through doctoral scholarships. The fellowship programme makes an important contribution to the scientific collaboration of the four member institutions and the industrial partners.
The doctoral candidates are part of the research groups, which are composed of at least two of the four members and provide an overarching research infrastructure. The PhD in this interdisciplinary working environment creates a unique exchange of knowledge and contributes to approaching issues from different perspectives.
Munich Aerospace’s doctoral scholarships allow talented young scientists to focus exclusively on the research work and a timely doctoral degree. Through the involvement in recognised research groups and participation in the in-house Graduate School ,scholarship holders expand their network both subject-specifically and interdisciplinarily. As a rule, there is a threefold supervision: by the doctoral supervisor, the research group supervisor, and the Munich Aerospace office.
The amount of the scholarship is tax-free according to Section 3 no. 44 EStG (Income Tax Act) and is granted for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 3 years.
The scholarship is aimed at university graduates who are pursuing a doctorate related to aerospace at the Technical University of Munich or the University of the Bundeswehr Munich. Interested students must meet the following requirements:
- University degree in a subject related to aerospace with a final grade of “good” or better
- Fulfilling the requirements for admission to a doctoral programme at the respective doctoral university (TUM or UniBwM)
- No more than three years must have elapsed between the issue of the university degree certificate and the application for the scholarship.
- Letter of motivation for the chosen topic
- Two recent letters of reference
- Certified copies of relevant academic degree certificates
Please send your application to email@example.com and the person indicated in the call.
The Munich Aerospace Board of Directors decides on the awarding of scholarships. The requirements for the award of a Munich Aerospace scholarship can be found in the Scholarship Guidelines (PDF).
Currently open calls for scholarships are listed here.